Treatment of the nervous system: basic approaches and principles
Treatment of the nervous system is too vast and varied a topic to be covered in one article. Therefore, this material will have more of a review and information value.
The most common types of diseases of the nervous system
The nervous system is probably the most difficult of all. It includes head and spinal cord (Central nervous system) and peripheral nerves. Together they coordinate the work of all other bodies are responsible for voluntary and involuntary reactions to external and internal stimuli, and so on. Even the most small disorder in the nervous system may thus adversely affect the quality of life and health.
Diseases of the nervous system are extremely diverse in origin. Most often they are the cause of the following factors:
- Infectious diseases: bacterial, viral, fungal. Often common infections that leave many consequences, including and disorders of the nervous system.
- Injuries. The bumps, the bruises, squeezing, tears and other mechanical injuries often lead to local or General changes.
- Degeneration. Violation of blood flow to certain brain regions or nerves leads to a gradual withering away of nerve tissue.
- Psychogenic disorders. Many diseases of the nervous system are referred to a psychosomatic, i.e., provoked by prolonged stress, mental or nervous stress, neurosis and so on.
- Wrong way of life. Poor nutrition, violation of the regime of work and rest, alcohol abuse, stimulating chemicals, Smoking, drug use, living in dysfunctional from the point of view of ecology places – all these factors can trigger changes in the nervous system.
How may manifest itself as diseases of the nervous system?
Symptoms of disorders of the nervous system are extremely diverse, but particular attention should be paid to the following symptoms:
- Tremor of fingers, hands, feet, head.
- Paresis – decreased muscle strength.
- Paralysis, disturbance of sensation of the skin.
- Involuntary movements, twitching, tics.
- Deterioration of coordination.
- Change speech voices.
- Frequent or severe headaches, other sites without a clear cause.
- The change of character and habits.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Memory loss, health, fatigue.
- Hyperactivity, constant anxiety.
Also, problems with the nervous system may manifest symptoms of diseases of the cardiovascular, digestive, urinary system. To suspect them in cases where classical treatment has no effect, and the survey does not reveal changes in the organs.
Common approaches to treatment
Therapy of any disease of the nervous system, regardless of their origin and type, require a two-pronged approach:
- Aimed treatment. This is the first in importance and complexity of the task, because without addressing the causes of the disease to combat the symptoms are virtually meaningless.
- The restoration of the nervous system. To preserve the quality of life and health, it is necessary to restore nervous system from the damage caused to her or try to reduce the impact.
And if the first item selected individual treatment for each case according to the second recommendation, as a rule, coincide.
What should be the lifestyle?
All of the recommendations in this group, can seem banal and obvious. But their importance to man is not getting smaller. To emphasize their importance for the recovery of the nervous system in the home, again list them:
- Quality, deep sleep at least 8-9 hours a day. Chronic lack of sleep affects the nervous system. For those suffering from insomnia or other sleep disorders may even require medical therapy or treatment of folk remedies.
- Fresh air, walks. Everyday you need to allocate at least one hour for a walk onfresh air, regularly ventilate the room in which you are, especially the bedroom at night.
- Mode of work. Chronic fatigue, inability to relax, unwind and escape from work – a bad habit for the nervous system. It is important to establish a clear working day and daily to make time for rest. The weekend should also not be given to the work. These days it is better to have a rest, spend time outdoors, in the Park, to engage in active sports.
- Change of activity. Mental work should be alternated with physical labor, and physical labor relaxation. First of all it concerns people who all day spend on the computer: they should regularly take breaks.
- Physical activity. Active sports at least moderate exercise is an important part of treatment of diseases of the nervous system in the home. Recommend walking, Jogging, fitness, swimming or any other physical activity that gives pleasure.
- The elimination of bad habits and addictions. Any addiction, from drug addiction, alcoholism and Smoking to the banal, have a most debilitating effect on the nervous system. Therefore, they should be abandoned completely and as quickly as possible.
- The ability to relax. In modern life, with its high tempo and stress on the nervous system, the ability to relax and get away – almost a vital necessity. For this you can use any appropriate method: a hobby, yoga, meditation, creativity and so on.
These requirements know everything, but actually doing them few. Meanwhile, for human health in General and nervous system in particular, they can be more important than drug therapy and treatment folk remedies.
Is it possible to treat with diet?
To really cure your nervous system, is also required to normalize the diet. Here the majority of the recommendations are also repeated several times. Frequent and smaller meals, a complete diet with a normal amount of calories, proteins, fats and vitamins, avoidance of heavy and unhealthy food... But in addition, there are several specific recommendations:
- You must completely eliminate from the diet alcohol in any form.
- Sharp, starchy, sweet foods – their number should be considerably curtailed.
- Strong tea and coffee should be replaced by juices, fruit drinks, compotes, herbal teas. The latter is often recommend in the treatment of nervous system folk remedies.
- Foods rich in fiber: whole grains, flour and meals, nuts, crude vegetables and fruit.
- B vitamins In large quantities they are contained in fish, eggs, liver, soy, rice, especially wild, nuts, vegetable oils.
- Foods rich in minerals, especially magnesium and potassium. Source: green, leafy vegetables, apricots, dried apricots, raisins, buckwheat, peas, beans, nuts.
If there is a recovery of the autonomic nervous system in the home, providing a balanced diet – the task is implemented.
What can help a doctor?
In addition to restoring the autonomic nervous system in the home proper diet and lifestyle, required and drug therapy. Your doctor may recommend the following medications:
- Tranquilizers. They are particularly useful in the case that problems with the autonomic nervous system appeared on the background of constant stress, tension, high emotional pressure.
- Tonic preparations. They appoint people lethargic, apathetic, with decreased vitality.
- Nootropics. Funds from this group improves the circulation and nutrition of the brain. They contribute to the improvement of memory, attention, health.
- Complex vitamins. They are particularly useful for the autonomic nervous system if the diet contains insufficient amount of essential micro - and macroelements and vitamins.
In addition to drug therapy, is often recommended to treat the autonomic nervous system physiotherapy methods:
- Massage. It can be both calming and energizing, depending on the type of disorder. We would like to emphasize manual therapy, used to restore the blood supply to the brain and spinal cord.
- Hydropathy. Various baths, contrast shower and fan, cold water – all these events has found its application in neurology.
- Electric and magnetostimulation. Useful in disorders of peripheral nervous system.
- Electrophoresis. It is often combined with drug therapy.
This is only part of physical therapy, used in neurology. For each case, the doctor selects individual plan, which may include one or more methods.
Is it possible treatment of folk remedies?
Typically, when talking about the treatment of folk remedies primarily involve herbal medicine. Medicinal herbs are widely used in neurology. Recommend herbal teas, decoctions and infusions, and the use of aromatic oils for inhalation, massage and baths.
To treat the autonomic nervous system in the home of the popular methods to conveniently and efficiently.The main thing – to choose the right compositions of herbs and methods of their application.
The scheme of treatment of folk remedies depends on the type of disorder. So for anxious, tense people who are prone to neuroses, fit soothing and relaxing herbs such as mint, Valerian, motherwort, Melissa, hops. Of them produce herbal teas, brew teas, aromatic mint oil is used to scent a room and baths.
If, however, problems with the nervous system lead to the opposite result (apathy, drowsiness, fatigue, decreased tone), you can also choose the right therapy folk remedies. Toning herbs include Siberian ginseng, ginseng and several others. Useful citrus scented oil.
In conclusion, it should again be emphasized: to treat autonomic, peripheral or Central nervous system needs only a qualified neurologist. And that's for therapy, folk remedies, and medical and physiological methods. Illiterate treatment can do more harm than good!