Light stool — causes of bright feces in adults and children
What is a Kal? This is an indicator of proper functioning of the digestive and excretory system. Using scientific language, it is often called the process of defecation or emptying the rectum. A viscous, homogeneous, yellow feces in a child and an adult is an indicator of the healthy state of the gastro-intestinal tract. But if for some reason there is discoloration of the stool or chair gets an unusual color, you should be concerned about health. May occurs in the body inflammatory processes. Very light stool may indicate at the initial stage of serious illness.
The rate of feces
In the laboratory analysis of faeces can give any man alone. But to decipher its value is not easy. But any experienced doctor will be able to help. Consider how it looks through the eyes of a specialist the normal feces of a patient:
- the number per day. The adult – 100-250 grams, young children from 30-50 grams,
- consistency. Adult – generated selection, the children, viscous, pasty,
- weight, content. Must be free of impurities, bleeding, mucus,
- smell. Fecal, not sharp. In children, the sour tinge of smell in infants on artificial feeding — putrefaction,
- the brown colour of the adults, the kids are allowed not too light yellow or yellow feces. For problems with the body indicates discolored feces,
- the enzyme responsible for the coloration of defecation in brown color sterkobilina. Formed on the basis of bilirubin, which is produced in the liver,
- figure pH. In children is 4.8. In adults — more than 7,
- ammonia. Is seen only in older children and adults,
- neutral fat, fatty acids and muscle fibers are only present in babies,
- leukocytes are isolated.
If you change one of the settings is to go to the doctor. Perhaps the reason that appeared discolored feces, dark or other unusual shade, is the food, medicines, unhealthy lifestyle or illness:
- black. Indicates bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract or the consumption of berries, as currants, blueberries. Of drugs: "Bissau", "Vikalin", "Activated carbon»,
- red. Observed ulcerative lesions and lesions of the duodenum. After eating beets, tomato juice,
- dark brown. Indications: constipation, colitis. Large consumption of protein foods.
Consider some of the features change the color of bowel movements. And why feces of some are bright and others dark.
Yellow feces in adult
What is the main cause changes in the color of selection in humans. And you should pay attention if bright feces appears periodically. There are several hints that you want to remember.
Yellow color feces. Usually combined with symptoms like flatulence, diarrhea, abdominal pain. In this case, you should think about the liver. Causes can include disorders of the biliary system, ducts, or foods of the corresponding colour.
The bright yellow feces in adult, orange range. Causes: parasites, digestive disorders, tumors in the pancreas, inflammation of the bile ducts. Associated symptoms: flatulence, pain and heaviness in the abdomen, diarrhoea, enlargement of the liver.
Light stool: the causes and symptoms of adult
What happens in the body and why do I get white unusual chair. In case of additional symptoms like weakness, nausea, bloating, light stool and dark urine, need accurate diagnosis of health status. These signs indicate a serious, often chronic and dangerous diseases:
- jaundice. Bilirubin, which produces the liver, enters the bloodstream and stains the skin gives the surface of the epidermis yellowish tint. And fecal secretions there is a lack of this enzyme. Bright white chair,
- pancreatitis. Serious inflammation of the pancreas, which enzymes and toxins are released into the bloodstream and affect organs,
- cholecystitis. Violation of the outflow of bile and formation of gallstones,
- cancerous tumors of the gastrointestinal tract.
If there are no symptoms and signs of the inflammatory process, bright feces from human adult has a common household causes:
- fatty protein foods,
- a wrong diet,
- hormonal contraceptive.
Here we have to carefully follow the diet, it is balanced. Not to take self medication without a doctor's prescription. If there is a white chair, but after a few days is normal, it is time to stop taking the pills, to think about healthy eating.
White chair in a child
For kids in the periodnatural breast and mixed feeding white bleached type of the anal secretions and signs are too bright feces are the norm in the absence of significant symptoms of the disease state. Reasons:
- breast milk,
- a large amount of sweet.
In young children the color of discharge can vary depending on food: red from beets, orange from carrots. Mom who ate a lot of meat, may also affect the change in color of bowel movements.
Why you may receive a cal light green color? What is the reason and should we be afraid of such symptoms. If we talk about babies being such a swampy shade of the discharge is the norm. And there is nothing to worry. Olive defecation adult are signs of diseases:
dysentery. Infection that occurs on the background of lesions of the intestinal bacteria. Signs: rumbling in the abdomen, migraine, stool with blood, mucus and pus,
- dysbacteriosis. Violation of the natural intestinal flora. Characterized by bloating, diarrhea,
- internal bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, ulcerative lesions,
- salmonellosis. Disease caused by a bacterium like Salmonella. Symptoms: nausea, diarrhea, fever, rash,
- diabetes. The metabolic disorders, vascular lesions of the tissues,
- food poisoning,
- problems in the thyroid gland,
- uncontrolled reception of antibiotics.
These disorders can cause related symptoms, such as fever, weakness, sharp pain in the stomach, reduction of hemoglobin. Often there is an arrhythmia, pale skin color, shortness of breath.
Tests that determine the causes of changes in color of feces
To identify disorders in the digestive system and the organs of the gastrointestinal tract correspond to the following types of analysis associated with a full study of feces:
- biochemical blood test. Search inconsistencies in the number of leukocytes and hemoglobin normal,
- coagulogram. Studying the rate of blood clotting,
- coprogram. Study occult blood, mucus and pus in the evacuation of,
- analysis of worms. Used methods: ELISA method, CRP,
- colonoscopy. Examination of the colon with the consequent possibility of carrying out further biopsies of the fence cellular material,
- CT, MRI, ultrasound. A visual study of internal organ damage that cause color changes stool.
All the results obtained will help the doctor make the correct diagnosis and to find the causes of bright feces in humans. The treatment is necessarily performed under the supervision of medical personnel, specialist, drugs and the passage of the restorative treatment required.